Upgrading a UT EID
If you WILL be on campus, your EID will be upgraded when you visit the ID Center to acquire your ID Card.
If you will NOT be on campus (and therefore will not need a UT ID Card), you may submit your request below and an ID Center representative will contact you to schedule a video call appointment and obtain your signature on the EID Agreement form using DocuSign.
Before requesting an upgrade, please verify whether your EID is already upgraded by visiting the EID Self-Help Tools and selecting "Upgrade my EID".
To be eligible to upgrade your EID, ID Center staff must be able to verify your identity and you must have a clear relationship with the university. Only students, faculty, staff, retirees, and university affiliates are eligible to receive an EID upgrade.
You WILL NEED an upgraded UT EID to:
- Register online for credit-by-exam tests
- View your grades online
- Access your tax forms online
- Update banking information online
- Make Payments on the What I Owe page
- Use Financial Aid to pay tuition or housing costs
You WILL NOT need an upgraded UT EID to:
- Register for classes
- Access Financial Aid Notification (FAN) to accept or decline an award