These instructions are for configuring your Windows Phone for Office 365 using an ActiveSync connection. This will allow you to access your Office 365 email, as well as synchronize your Windows 8 Phone contacts and calendar with your Office 365 contacts and calendar.
Removing Your Exchange Account
- On Start, swipe left to the App list, tap Settings, and then tap Email + Accounts.
- Tap and hold the account you want to delete from your phone, tap Delete, and then tap Delete again.
Adding Your New Office 365 Account
- On Start, swipe left to the App list, select Settings, and then select Email + Accounts.
- Select Add an account > Outlook.
- Enter your email address and password and select Sign in. Your Windows 8 Phone will try to set up your email account automatically.
Note: If you experience problems, try it twice, in case there was a mistype. Give autodiscover a chance to work.
If your email account cannot be set up automatically, you’ll see the message, We couldn’t find your settings.
- Select Advanced. You will need to enter the following information:
- Email address: Your email address
- Server address: outlook.office365.com
- Domain: Leave blank
- Username: Your email address
- Password: Your password
- Enable/check the option for this server requires an encrypted SSL connection.
- Select the check mark at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If you experience problems, try this twice, in case there was a mistype. If neither the auto-discover or manual method works, try rebooting the device.