This site requires JavaScript to be enabled
Welcome Guest|
Recent searches

I Don't Have Valid ID

Number of views : 0
Article Number : KB0011348
Published on : 2021-01-05
Last modified : 2021-01-05 15:27:18
Knowledge Base : IT Public Self Help

In accordance with the University Identification Card Guidelines, you will need to present a valid form of identification in order to receive your UT ID card. Original documents are required — we cannot accept photocopies, printouts, or faxes.


Note: If it will take some time to obtain valid ID, be aware that a large portion of university business can be conducted without a UT ID card or without an upgraded UT EID.


If you absolutely need your ID card or an upgraded UT EID immediately, and you don't have any valid identification, we recommend two options for acquiring a valid ID:

  • Contact the individual (Parent, Guardian, Next of kin) that may have the valid form of ID and have them overnight your identification to you.

  • Contact your local Department of Public Safety (DPS) or Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). These offices are typically equipped to accept forms of identification which we cannot (for example: birth certificates, Social Security cards, and voter registration cards). For a full list of acceptable forms, please see the Texas Department of Public Safety website or contact your local DPS or DMV office.

Once you receive a valid form of identification, bring it to the ID Center to obtain your replacement UT ID card.

If you are unable to provide the ID Center with a valid form of identification we will not be able to provide you with an ID card or EID upgrade.




Thank You! Your feedback has been submitted.