This site requires JavaScript to be enabled
Welcome Guest|
Recent searches

Costs for ID Cards

Number of views : 0
Article Number : KB0011343
Published on : 2021-06-02
Last modified : 2021-06-02 14:43:45
Knowledge Base : IT Public Self Help

New Card Costs

  • Students - $10 for INITIAL card and each additional card after that.
  • Employees - $0 for INITIAL card. $10 for replacement of lost or damaged card.
  • Retirees - $0 for INITIAL card. $10 for replacement of lost or damaged card.
  • University Affiliates / Official Visitors / UTemps  - $10 billed to the department via Interdepartmental Transfer (IDT).
    • Sponsoring departments may request a UT ID card for university affiliates in Workday. By adding the official visitor privilege to job in Workday, the sponsor is agreeing to cover the cost of the ID card.
    • The account used for the $10 charge will be the incidental account entered in Workday for the Affiliated worker. If an incidental account is not listed, the incidental account for the supervisory organization will be charged instead.
    • If you need assistance with creating a position with UT ID card privileges, please visit the Workday website, email in to or call the askUS Help Desk at 512-471-8802..

* Unless otherwise stated, all ID Card costs are billed to the receivers What I Owe account for payment.

Replacement Card Costs 

$10 charge for the replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged cards.



There is NO CHARGE for cards replaced for the following reasons:

  • Defective card
  • Normal wear and tear (This only includes photo, digits and/or barcode being unable to be read by UT Personell)
  • Legal name change 
  • Converting a standard ID card into a proximity card

Note: To ensure proper care of your ID card, you should avoid puncturing any part of the ID. It is recommended that you keep your ID in a protective sleeve that you purchase or that is provided by the ID Center.

ID Card Payment Options

University Affiliates

  • Departments sponsor cards through IDT (Inter Departmental Transactions) Account.

Note: 1: Name changes must be processed by the appropriate university offices before they will appear on your ID Card. Faculty and staff will need to visit Payroll Services in MAI 134. Students will need to visit the Registrar in MAI 1. Both offices will need proof of your name change (e.g. driver's license or passport).

Thank You! Your feedback has been submitted.