Valid Forms of Identification for ID Cards
The ID Center, in accordance with the University Identification Card Guidelines, must verify the identity of all individuals requesting a University ID Card. The following list includes acceptable forms of identification for in-person verification. ID Center staff must adhere to these policies at all times.
ACCEPTABLE IDENTIFICATION (ID) REQUIREMENTS
You must provide ONE (1) of the following ID Types.
- Driver's license from the United States or Canada or State ID
- Valid learner's permit or temporary license (must include a photograph) from the United States or Canada
- U.S. Military ID (Common Access Card, Uniformed Services Card)
- U.S. or foreign passport
- Alien registration card with photo (form I-151 or I-551)
- U.S. citizen ID card (form I-197)
- Resident citizen/Permanent citizen card (form I-179)
- U.S. Employment Authorization Card - EAD (form I-766)
- Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card
- Trusted Traveler Program (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
What If I Don't Have An Acceptable ID?
To acquire a valid ID, consider the following options:
- Contact an individual (Parent or Guardian) to have them overnight your identification to you.
- Contact your local Department of Public Safety (DPS) or Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). These offices are typically equipped to accept forms of identification that we cannot (for example, birth certificates, Social Security cards, and voter registration cards). For a full list of acceptable forms, please see the Texas Department of Public Safety website or contact your local DPS or DMV office.
Once you receive a valid form of identification, you may visit us in person at the ID Center or select the online service you need to complete.
Help for Undocumented Students:
For undocumented students who could not complete the online processes for EID upgrade or the photo submission due to not having an acceptable form of identification, please visit us in person at the Flawn Academic Center (FAC) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an online meeting. We will review alternative options such as accepting a Consular Identification Card.
Upgrade your EID using your valid form of ID:
You are able to use one of the following methods to upgrade your EID: